Well, maybe that should be Mommy time! My friend Laurie and I were able to meet for dinner tonight. I hurried home after picking up the kids from two separate buildings at the same school. My mother-in-law and her mother came in to keep the kiddos for me and had already made in to the house when we arrived. Major has been pretty temperamental lately, so I had to do some serious disciplining when I got home. I seasoned some pork chops and got them ready to slide in the oven; then, quickly changed my clothes and out. I. went! Yea!
I picked Laurie up and we had one of those "Ahhhh!" moments.
Quite.
No one tugging on our shirt tails.
No drinks needing poured or spills to clean up.
We waved to her little girls (and husband) standing on the front steps, and away we went.
I so enjoyed adult conversation. Of course, we talked about our children, we talked about births, we talked about having more children...our jobs, the new school year, ideas for discipline charts...the list goes on. We didn't try to solve all our problems, or anyone else's for that mater.
We enjoyed our Mexican dinner, and as Laurie always says, we went somewhere that will pour our tea for us and doesn't have ketchup packets. Love it!
Can you believe, we didn't even make one potty trip! ha! Oh, the joys!
Friday, August 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
YAY for girl time!! Love that y'all had mexican food, yummy!! Makes me want some right now! Nothing like a great friend to hang with, with no kids!! :) And yay for the no trips to the potty! :)
Post a Comment