We had a substitute/guest (I don't really know what to call it!) preacher at church tonight. Our pastor's MIL passed away yesterday morning, so Bro. Mark was leading our service. He always has SO much energy and incorporates funny, personal stories. I really enjoy hearing him each time he visits with us, and I had every intention on telling him tonight that I enjoyed the message; but a certain 4 year old sitting with me had to go to the potty. This is the same little someone that led me down to like the 3rd row (I NEVER sit that close to the front! Bro Mark's parents didn't even sit that close! ha!).
The message was taken from Matthew 7:13-14. Why do people enter through the wide gate? Because sin is fun! and it doesn't take much courage to follow the crowd.
Why do people enter through the narrow gate?
There is a dress code-you need to be clothed in righteousness....(then that certain someone started needing some extra attention to help with the ants in her pants! (she got to movin' and wantin' to talk at this point.))
BUT, the verse that Bro Mark shared that I needed to hear was Hebrews 11:25 - "He (Moses) chose to share the oppression of God's people instead of enjoying the fleeting pleasures of sin."
WOW! Shouldn't we look at our sin as just that? A fleeting pleasure. These temporary high's that we may get from our sin are fleeting; but our joy in the Lord will last FOREVER.
Can I get an amen?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment