Visitors! Visitors!

Friday, August 27, 2010

They say it's your birthday!!

Major! I absolutely cannot believe you are three! Three years ago you sped into our lives! After I had a short-stint in the hospital, a couple of weeks of bedrest, and a false alarm, you finally decided to bless us with your presence, just like your precious sister, very early in the morning!

You had some bruising on your face because of such a quick delivery, but you were so beautiful! They said you were a bit premature and they wanted to make sure your lungs were good and strong, so to the NICU you went. We visited you and loved on you and wanted more than anything for you to be able to go home with us when we left the hospital.




You were there for just a couple of days. And have been a blessing to us since your birth.
You usually have such a happy disposition. Your are hilarious when you talk sometimes, so matter-of-fact. I love the faces you make and how you give the best hugs! Your daddy has warned me you won't always like to give me kisses. As of yet, you are proving him SO wrong!
You are such a momma's boy, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Your sister is such a fan of yours. She loves you like no other. You guys are getting so good at playing together and using your imaginations. You love to run around the house pretending you are Buzz or Superman or Spiderman. You must get this from school because we don't watch these cartoons at home!

You had red spikey hair when you were born. It was red for a while, but has since turned sort of reddish-blonde. You have the best blue eyes.

Major, you are a strong little man, and have already overcome a couple of obstacles. I pray that your strength continues to grow.

Major, you are precious to me and I am so very proud of the little man that you are. I hope you grow to have a compassionate heart, that you love Jesus with all you have - from the inside out.
Through your fun little self, I hope you always make other people smile, that you have a kind word to share, and you become a gentleman.

That you always love me and Daddy, and "all my family" as you usually say.
That you are fearless to step out of your comfort zone and follow the straight and narrow.
That you will amaze others in everything you do.
And know that...
what you are...
is God's sweetest gift of love!

I love you Major Scott!

No comments: