Visitors! Visitors!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Travel Day

Today was a travel day for us. I took off a little early today and the kiddos and I headed to my parents. I have some fun things planned for us; some time to relax and take advantage of a zoo and science center membership, some time seeing my grandmothers and family, and maybe a bit of a break from the craziness we are living right now!

As we were traveling today we learned of a major wreck on the interstate. Luckily, we were traveling through about the same time as my dad and we were able to follow him along some backroads to avoid all of the congestion. During one place Ella Grace said the road we were on looked lik "X Road" that we live down, due to the trees along the roadside shading the road from the sun. It felt so cool in those places. Later we noticed a man on his riding lawnmower cutting a really big yard. She made another grown-up comment that he had to cut "all this area". She is so big with some of the words and phrases she uses. I mentioned we were going by Wal-Mart and she asked if "we just had to pick up a few things?". Ha! When she said this it totally reminded me of my Mee Maw. I love that little girl with all of my heart. She is so precious and so grown-up at four years old.

I hope we will get to see my grandmothers tomorrow. We haven't seen them much lately and I completely regret that. I hope over the next several months we are able to get in lots of visits and some fun time with them.

Time to get in bed. Lots on the agenda for tomorrow.

No comments: