Visitors! Visitors!

Sunday, May 27, 2012


 Last Wednesday, our WIRED (Worship Is Required EveryDay) groups performed and we had AWANA awards at church. The pre-k and kindergarten began the program with several little songs. I worked with the kindergarten group this past year, and it was so fun to see them perform for the second time this (school) year.
As soon as they began lining up, Ella Grace jumped up right beside her brother. I had intentionally put them together for the Christmas program, so I suppose she remembered!






 The kids (especially mine!) did such a good job. After they finished, we watched the 1st - 5th grade program. Then, a quick set change and AWANA awards.

Major's group (Cubbies) were first. He was so proud to get his award!


 

 Then, Ella Grace's group (Sparks) began.


Ella Grace, and a friend she brought in the year Ryan, were the only two to complete one book and start another (I know Ella Grace finished her second book). I was really proud of my girl.

After she received her award, we (the four of us plus Pop & Nana) left. There were LOTS more kids to go and my babes needed to get in bed...there was school the next day.

About a mile and a half or so from church, Ryan's mom called to say Ella Grace had won another award and they had called her name several times. I didn't think we would go back. But, when the preschool director called, we decided we would.

So, we parked again, unloaded and the four of us went back in the worship center. It took a bit to find the preschool director, but when we did she took Ella Grace and had the award presented to her.

Ella Grace was just beside herself, she was so excited. But, isn't that face hilarious!?

And I did let her pick out her own outfit.
Daddy had to clear everything up with Major - you know, he didn't get a trophy so it was a sad day. He is determined to get one of his own, though!

No comments: