Visitors! Visitors!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The power of a book

I know I've said before how much I love to read. Yesterday, though, just topped all!

Major had taken a book (Bears on Wheels by Dr. Seuss) with us to car line to read. Sweet Aunt Lo-Lo and I were talking and Major was ready for the book. I opened it up for him and he started reading it aloud all by himself. Aunt Lo-Lo got the precious honor of hearing Major read his first book via iphone! I was so excited for him and I dare to say he was pretty pumped with himself.

I had picked up a couple of books for Ella Grace Monday while I was at her school library. After her bath last night she, too, began reading to me. She was reading first Katie Woo: No More Teasing. A three-chapter chapter book.

They were both so excited to share this with Daddy when he got home. We were all in the kitchen, they were standing around us, reading books aloud at the same time. So precious. A sweet moment.

And yes, there were tears in my eyes. This momma was happy!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hey girl, not sure where you are located but stumbled upon your blog from Kellys. I just moved from Florida to Ohio. Just thought I would say hello.

Kyetra said...

I am stopping by from Kelly's Korner. I live in Palm Coast, Fl, and I am from Alabama too!
I have one little boy, Taft, that will be 4 in June. Great to meet you!
I'm your newest follower!