Visitors! Visitors!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Happy "un-birthday" to you!

Last Friday Ella Grace's class celebrated all of their summer birthdays with an "un-birthday" party. They made birthday hats, had pizza, apple slices & watermelon, chips, capri-sun and cookies, too! 

I went in just before their lunch and helped them decorate cupcakes to eat later in the day. Other groups rotated through playing pin the tail on the donkey. As they sat down to eat Mr. Walker came in. Mr. Walker is one of the custodians at the school; and despite his name and what my kindergartener (and many other's thought) the school is not named after him nor does he sleep their.  Mr. Walker typically leads classes in singing "happy birthday" to the celebrating boy/girl during lunch and lets them choose a special pencil. SO, he brought his pencils to each class and let summer birthdays choose theirs! Isn't that fun?


Ella Grace with her sweet friends, Megan and Masyn.

Megan gave Mrs. Grove her end of the year gift from the class - a gift card to Macy's - I thought both teachers probably had enough apples, since this was their last class.
This was their other teacher, Mrs. Hensch, opening her gift, a gift card to a local nursery (I suppose she could pick out an apple tree!)

This was a special day. I'm so glad I was able to help out and be there with the kids, and teachers! They were definitely special to us!

No comments: