Visitors! Visitors!

Monday, May 28, 2012

My little graduate

Major's preschool (VPK) graduation was held this past Thursday at 11:00 am in our church's worship center. Pop, Nana, Daddy & I were there for our little man. Ella Grace had school that day.

Pictures of all the kids were shown on the screens in the worship center. I caught this one of Major from their farm day in the fall (I have a copy of it on my refrigerator!).

The kids began to parade in right at 11:00. Major was quick to spot us in the audience.

They sang some sweet, sweet songs that made this momma cry! Their choir teacher, Miss Blanca, just adores these kids. She always says that hugs from children are like glimpses of God!


My favorite song of those they sang said
I am who the Great I Am says I am,
I am one of His greatest creations.
He says that I am remarkably, wonderfully made,
and I am who He says I am.
He says I am made in His image.
He says I am one of His children.
He says I’m His friend and He loves me so.
I’ll give Him all of the praise ’cause I know:
I am who the Great I Am says I am,
I am one of His greatest creations.
He says that I am remarkably, wonderfully made,
and I am who He says I am.

It was just perfect!
After a few words from the preschool director, who was about in tears herself, 


Major lined up to receive his certificate.

He was so proud, and so big, as he walked up and shook Mrs. Chambley's hand.


And then he lined up with his friends and was so excited!


Here's a class picture -

At the conclusion of the program, each child was presented with a Jesus Storybook Bible. Major was excited to have one to claim as "his own"; we have a copy of it already, but this one is his!

And he was excited to give Mrs. Zalk her end of the year gift from the class.

Major and I had our picture with his friend Isabella and her mother Michelle. Isabella had been sick earlier in the week and unable to attend class. We were so excited that she was able to make it to graduation!
Major was stuck to Alana's side for the first semester. When the second semester began, though, I think he gained a little more independence and they weren't "getting married" anymore - thank goodness!

Daddy had to go in to work, so as Pop, Nana, Major & I were leaving Major looked at me with tears welling up in his eyes and said "We didn't show Mrs. Zalk my beans." How could I leave? 

First, we ran in to our friends again, and they wanted a mommy picture - this is Michelle (Alana's mom), me and Michelle (Isabella's mom).






Mrs. Zalk was back in the classroom, and she was pretty excited to see a picture of the bean plant Major had taken on my phone earlier that morning. Mrs. Chaney said they were so surprised the seeds actually grew - they had found them in a drawer in the resource room!






He has grown up so much this year - it looks older, acts older, speaks with such big words. I'm not ready for him to begin kindergarten, but I know he will be great!







No comments: