Visitors! Visitors!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

a Fabulous Field Day


 Baby girl had her first elementary field day on Friday, May 4. I was lucky enough to volunteer (and Major was lucky enough to spend some fun time with his friend Riley). I was in charge of the javelin! Yeah, before Friday I'm not sure I would have known how to spell javelin. Nonetheless, it was such a fun event. They began their field day (Wednesday) with a parade of nations (I suppose). Ella Grace paraded around the bus loop with her Costa Rica flag (and pencil as a flag pole!).

The older kids participated in field day on Thursday and the little ones on Friday. SO, Ella Grace's class was my first group. After giving instructions, demonstrating (I thought I was pretty good at the javelin...who knew?!), we were firing away. I learned pretty quickly NOT to mention winners. One little guy in her class was quick to throw a duck fit in the sand after I praised another kid for throwing far. Oops!

On my break I was able to watch Ella Grace on the scooter things. How fun was this!





Then it was on to the water game. Tossing a sponge  to a teammate (where it then drops on the ground collecting sand and dirt), then said teammate gets to squeeze (dirty) sponge all over them. Fun Yuck!


I had a good time, and I'm pretty sure the 6 classes of kindergarteners and the pre-k class did, too! Thankful they were the first group of the day!

No comments: