Visitors! Visitors!

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

my little accident

As my husband said, Major and I have a problem walking. Neither one of us can stand on our feet.

Well, this proved true Tuesday morning. I decided to go for a little run. Ella Grace was riding her bike, Major rode his in the neighborhood and then parked it to "run" as we left. They decided to swap, she was going to run and he was going to ride her bike. Of course, problems followed that. I was ahead of them a little and when I approached, Major was holding his arms up for me to hold him - he was hot (because it is super hot here) and tired already (I knew it was comin'!). I hoisted him up and was trying to maintain something a little bit quicker than a walk, then....wham!

I stepped off the side of the sidewalk and down.we.went.

I was able to keep his head from knockin' the cement. I wasn't quite sure how bad I was hurt, but I was in some pain. My left hand was scuffed up some, my right elbow scraped and my right knee, well, it's bad. I managed to get up and the three of us s-l-o-w-l-y made our way home. I had to ban the kids from my bathroom while I tried to see what was what.

~Warning~ pictures follow....


After we walked home -

I got my right leg across the tub and began to clean it up, poor some peroxide on it when I started to get super hot and thought I was going to pass out. (Jeremy has also said that I have a low pain tolerance! ha!) I splashed a little water on my neck and hurriedly made it to the door to ask Ella Grace to bring me some water, then I laid down on my bed. My little nurse delivered. She is super - she thought at first she was going to poor the peroxide and bandage me up!

After it was cleaned up -
Sleep Tuesday night was very sporadic. Walking Wednesday was still been painful. And Major reminded me when I was holding him earlier that I did need to put him down because "remember what happened when you held me!"
Wednesday night -

2 comments:

Mark, Laurie, Ellie, & Sadie Kate said...

Low pain tolerance??? Did he forget you birthed two, count 'em, two, children with no pain relief???

The Matt Lambert Family said...

wow girl!!!!