It was really good, I was surprised I have to admit. The kids sat on carpet squares facing the storyteller, there were picnic tables at the back for parents to sit on. They read three stories, sang a few songs and brought out an animal (yes, of course, a snake this time), too!
Instead of taking all the pictures with my children's backs, I decided to walk to the front (not even directly beside the story teller) to take a few with their faces. Well, I got in trouble by the zoo employee who told me they had received complaints from parents who didn't want their child's picture taken by other parents. After showing her my pictures (that they were ONLY of my kids), I was told I could take a couple, but that is all! I was annoyed and frustrated. I mean, really? This is a public place and I want to take pictures of my little ones. I vented that I would call the zoo and let them know how frustrated this zoo member was about the situation, especially since I was singled out. Well, I have about decided I may take the kids back once and take pictures like I want. If I'm singled out again, then we will have an issue.
We visited the splash pad, animals and playground and even had ourselves a little picnic lunch, too!
Then, Friday (yesterday) we made it to the park again and met a new friend there. Amy and Kaitlyn attend a church we visited and we decided to have a little playdate. It sprinkled on/off the entire time. Once the sprinkles started coming consistently we decided we better make a run for it!
Fun in the sprinkles!


No comments:
Post a Comment