Visitors! Visitors!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Swim, cupcakes, swim


We have had a busy week. I feel like it has been just go, go, go. It has been fun, nonetheless!
After my little accident Tuesday, we did make it to the zoo on Wednesday for story time and a little while in the splash pad, and even made time for the alligators. I then found another barber shop since we didn't make it to see Mr. Kelly when we were back in Alabama! After that we drove by a playground and splash pad someone at the barber shop told us about - I think it is going to be somewhere we visit later this summer!

I also wanted to get a map so we could visualize where Daddy goes on his trips, so we found a little teacher's store here where we snagged that along with some handwriting paper! We have had a sentence each day since then that the kids have had to write! Major really didn't want to do it the first day, but after he finished he said "I KNEW I could do it!" That made me proud!

Thursday we went to MOPS and then to Wal-Mart, home to unload, and back to swim lessons. Ella Grace & Major had a substitute teacher that day. She was nice, but I don't think she held their attention like the other girl typically does.

Ella Grace jumped before I could snap!
I caught Major, though. Teacher looks a little scared! ha!
I invited Amy and little Caitlyn over to ice cupcakes and play. After not getting to spend much time together last week at the park, I thought we could try something inside. Ella Grace had borrowed a book from the library called "Cupcakes", which included a recipe in the back. She was begging me to make it, and I thought it would be a fun play date! The kids had a great time.

Major loved the blue icing!


Ella Grace was so diligent in getting the icing just right!
Caitlyn did a great job, too.

After Caitlyn and Mrs. Amy left, I was successful in getting the attachment on the air compressor. I had tried so hard to get the pool blown up before they got there, but darn, I wasn't made to use big tools! So, after a little help, I got it up and filled. The kids had a blast playing in the pool until time to eat supper!


Today we attended a little "festibul" nearby. There were several different vendors and services available in the community set-up, story time, face painting, balloon animals, etc. I didn't realize how much stuff I would collect - pamphlets, coloring pages, balloon animals (2), crayons, bubbles, balloons, stickers, etc. Luckily, someone offered me a bag and I didn't let that pass me by!

I came home with Butterfly and Batman...

and they liked to swimming & playing in the sprinker in my backyard.

No comments: