Visitors! Visitors!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Celebratin' her big day

Sunday evening, Ella Grace, Major & I celebrated her fifth birthday together. And a special shout-out to Skype for allowing her daddy to join us!!

I have realized (and it took me a while) that my kids don't like birthday cake. I know, I know, it's astonishing. The goat is supposed to eat everything...well, he doesn't. Because of that, and that it was just the three of us, I made a simple batch of brownies for her little family party.

When she woke up Sunday morning she was so excited. Her first request was for us to sing Happy Birthday to her. I'm pretty sure we did, but I was really still asleep!

After church she changed her own clothes - shorts and a t-shirt. Not until party time when she told her dad she was wearing a birthday shirt did I connect the two! (Side note: She used to have the cutest little cupcake shirt with cap sleeves. She thought she had to wear it whenever it was anyone's birthday!)

Now, here is Ella Grace and Major as the "party" started.She was SO in to singing Happy Birthday, and so was her sweet brother!

Getting ready to blow the candles out!

Look at those cheeks! (She had already tried to stop Major from helping at this point.)

Feeding Daddy some of her brownie.

Ella Grace and Daddy

Sunday we will have her birthday party at Pop and Nana's house. Daddy ~is~ flying in (please pray for no snow in Chicago!), so it is sure to be great!!

No comments: