We had a good morning today. We made it to church on time, and enjoyed a great Sunday School class and my 3 year olds were pretty good. After church we rushed home and got the kids in bed. It seems anytime there is an activity or anything earlier than evening church I have such a difficult time getting the kids in bed. They had absolutely stuffed themselves with goldfish and the spider cupcakes they made, so I was sure they didn't want any lunch. Major said no and off to bed; Ella Grace said yes and here we go making something quick. Then Major's up and Ella Grace isn't eating and on and on. I finally got them in bed, and they stayed there for maybe an hour. I really don't think either one of them ever went to sleep, much less closed an eye!
After Major misbehaving multiple times, we headed out to the party. Our friend Jon Douglas is turning 6 and had a fun Lego party in our church's gym.

Jon Douglas's Lego-themed cake

I think this is the first time my kids have played with "real" Legos. They have the mega-blocks, but not these little ones. I think I'm still a little unsure if/how many Major will try to eat!


These six were trying to find a certain piece being called out.

A tower-building relay: teamwork!

The Lego-drop

When the party was over we headed back home, we did a quick walk to the park and around the street. Then back to church tonight for our small groups. So much fun!
We have a fun, long week ahead with school Harvest parties and trick-or-treating. Such a fun time for the kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment