I have a memory of a time long, long ago - I had to of been younger than 4th grade - I think it was my sister Lori with me and we were with our Granny, riding in the backseat, and we were with one of Gran's friends leaving the Galleria (or Gallarear, whatever.). One of us made a comment about how we wished (it was summer, or school was over) something. We were just ready for the next season of our life (maybe it was literal at that point). I think I will always remember the situation, though all the words may not be clear.
And as I sit here and write this, I'm kinda in that same position...I wish (fill in the blank). But, there are so many things I am not ready for (fill in the blank with lots and lots of stuff!). It seems just as often as I am in the grocery store someone says just to enjoy my babies as they are. Believe me, I do. But, I also *wish* for the day when they aren't trying my patience! ;) I'm ready for our new normal. I suppose, too, that this IS the new normal. Or temporary normal.
I think I've mentioned before that I'm having some little situations with Major. He threw a nice little fit tonight and once it was all out of his system he was the cutest, sweetest little man. I think all these changes are wearing on him. I want our life to be as consistent as possible whenever it is, wherever we are, no matter who is around or what's going on. I think that's important in a child's life. Even with my discipline, I'm trying to be consistent.
Instead of just wishing everything to pass or come or change I think I'll just pray. I think that works better anyways..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment