Visitors! Visitors!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

We've had a great day!

Yesterday was definitely one busy, fun day! The kids have been really good the past couple of days (thanks mainly to the return of afternoon naps!). Jeremy said they needed to be rewarded for doing good and I agreed wholeheartedly!

After doing a little research on activities going on this weekend, Mom and I found a couple that we thought would be fun for them and us! We started yesterday morning by going to the Lake Mary Farmer's Market and "Lake Mary Celebrates" combination event. We picked up an "elected officials" guide, which I am sure will be helpful to me, and a mini flag for each of the kids. As we began to move on a bus started backing in near us...it was a Shriner's bus and after observing for just a few seconds we noticed the camel inside! Before the day was over Ella Grace and Major each attempted to feed the camel twice!


All in the few hours we were there, the kids made crafts at a local daycare booth,
we watched a dance studio perform tap and ballet,
got to look inside a fire truck (like Drew Lee's daddy drives!),

we played games hosted by Boy Scouts, ate corn dogs and barbeque and then purchased some vegetables.
Afterwards we moved on down the road to Casselberry, where WorldLife 2011 took place. This was held in a church (best I could tell!) and dances were performed from various countries (Ireland, Colombia, Middle East, etc). Mom and I got a big kick out of some of them!

We headed home around 4:00 and were all tired. With Mom's help I made spaghetti sauce and we had dinner.

This morning was another step in our settling. I coordinated with another wife from Jeremy's office, and met her this morning for church. Major jumped right in and was excited to be out, Ella Grace was a little more timid and shy, as I knew she would be. I don't think it took long for her to adjust.

Just like the Fresh Beat's sing "We've had a great day, it was a super way to spend some time together!"

No comments: