Visitors! Visitors!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Santa pictures and Nana's birthday dinner

Saturday was quite a busy day for us. Pop and Nana were keeping Ella Grace & Major for me (since Thursday) because I had to work Saturday morning. As soon as my work shift ended I headed northeast. Saturday was also Nana's birthday. I met Pop, Nana, my sisters Janie & Lori, Ella Grace & Major at Granny's house. Aunt Mimi (Debbie, my mom's younger sister) was also there visiting from SC.

After visiting for just a short time and singing Happy Birthday to Nana, the kids and I headed to the mall to visit Santa, Janie & Lori headed to Mee Maw's for a quick visit. With me coaching them on, the kids changed clothes in nothing close to record time. We rushed in to get in line. I guess we waited for about 30 minutes to see Santa.


Posing in front of the poinsettias as we get closer and closer.

I cannot believe how much he has grown since last Christmas.
She was certainly in a picture mood.

Now, we must pause here.

Ella Grace has had quite the history with Santa. At this point, I'm starting to get pretty nervous about how the next 20 minutes are going to unfold. Yes, you say, but a visit with Santa only lasts a few minutes. Well, the 20 minutes for me also includes calming a child down.

Here, you will see Ella Grace with Santa just before her first birthday.


No, not a happy camper.

What about just before her 2nd birthday?


That would be a negative.

And before her third?

Oh! Hey, Mom! Thanks for joining the picture to make sure Santa isn't mean and scary! ha!

So, now you see why my heart is racing and my palms are beginning to sweat. Major has been such a trooper, but sis, not so big on anything dressed up - Dora, Chick-fil-A cows, Curious George and the man in the yellow hat, Mr. Potato Head.

Okay. Now it's our turn...

P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

What was her secret? On the way to meet everyone for dinner Ella Grace said Aunt Lo-Lo told her something that helped - "just think about sitting on Pop's lap." Yeah. That was all it took.

Major said he told Santa he wanted a toolbox, a new wagon and a new house.

Ella Grace said she wanted a Bible. Santa told her that he has a big, black Bible!

We had a family dinner at an old favorite, Silvertron's on Southside. I remember going there many, many times as a young 'un. Eating fried cheese, fried mushrooms and fajitas. So, that's exactly what I had that night! And it was still delish!

And who can resist trying a lemon?

Major, though, opted for the lettuce leaf off someone's plate. Ella Grace lovingly referred to him as a "garbage goat." I admit, I have called him a goat, but never a garbage goat. Wat to go Ella Grace!
And here's a great family shot.

L-R: me, Ella Grace, Lori, Major, Nana, Janie and Pop


Happy Birthday, Nana/Nanny!

1 comment:

Aishlea said...

That is a great pic of the family!! And so proud of Ella Grace!!