Visitors! Visitors!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

And...we're sick!

Yuck-o! The kids had been coughing some while I was away, a little bit of a fever here and there. As Monday evening got here, I was even feeling rough. I did make it out of bed Tuesday and we all got dressed and to our proper places. As soon as the doctor's office opened, though, I had their phone ringing. Afternoon appointment for all three of us.

So our diagnosis (I don't know how to say that plural): strep for me, very near croup for Major, and a very bad cold/cough combo for Ella Grace (which could turn in to croup). By the time we left there I was feeling awful. Not to mention having to go in the grocery store to have prescriptions filled. We did manage to pick up a few things like extra soup, orange juice, some meat for chili, etc.

Tuesday night the kids and I dozed on/off until about 7:00 pm! Ella Grace & I managed to get out of bed and I made soup for me and a pizza for her. Bless her heart she couldn't even make it off the couch. I finally woke Major up and he ate a good two bowls of soup and then told me he was ready for bed. It was an up/down kind of night - bathroom breaks, coughing spells, and requests for drinks of water. But, we made it through and got up about 7:00 this morning.

Ella Grace finally ate something this evening (chili) and she did make a happy bowl! (she ate it all) yea! But, I can tell she is still feeling pretty bad. Hopefully, tomorrow will do the trick and we'll be set for Friday. If not, we will definitely take another day to make us feel better.

1 comment:

Aishlea said...

Ewww...hope you guys all feel better today!!!