(You'll have to plug this in from back in September, but it goes along with my recent posts on our relocation.)
SO, flashback to September, if you will...
After my boss letting me take my lunch at the end of the day, the kids and I headed to my parents on Thursday afternoon/evening September 2. For the second time in a row, we were caught in traffic. Unlike the first time where my dad was traveling home from work at the same time, we weren't able to avoid this one. It took us about 45 minutes to go about 8 miles. It was terrible! But, the kids were SO good! We sang and talked, and they played. It wasn't until we had been in the traffic for about 15 minutes did they ask to watch Looney Tunes.
My in-laws picked Ella Grace and Major up after dinner, and Mom and I got the rest of the things packed up to travel. We got on the road about 5:15 am on Friday (9/3) and made it to Florida in about 8.5 hours. Since we had some extra time before Jeremy would be there (he had been in south Georgia training), I decided to go tour a daycare Jeremy & I found out about after our last trip (the weekend of July 4th). We toured that, then we drove through the neighborhood we were looking at finding a home in. We ran by the bank and then went to a daycare Jeremy & I had toured. Afterwards we headed across town to our cousin's (Bonnie & John) where we were staying.
John cooked us a FABULOUS steak! Yumm! And not long after, my sweet husband arrived! Yea! We helped Bonnie do some things for a gathering she was having at her house on Labor Day, then headed to bed.
Saturday morning, after a quick breakfast, we headed out and met someone about a house. After walking through a house, looking at a couple of lots and going over our laundry list of wants. We took a break for lunch, then went back and signed a contract! Wow! The house is going to be great. we are so excited about it all - the options we were able to get, the price, etc. We know it is going to all work out great.
Saturday night was the Alabama v San Jose game. We found a local UA alumni chapter that was gathering to meet the game (which was on PPV). We had an awesome time. We met several people from our hometown, one even that went to school with us!, and I even won two door prizes. After the BIG WIN, Jeremy and I met my cousin Tammy and her husband Chris to hangout for a bit. It was a late night, definitely not something I am used to doing!
We slept late the next morning and then headed back to Alabama. Mom and I got the kids as soon as we got back and were so very glad to see them. I think the feeling was mutual!
It was a great weekend, lots accomplished!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment