Visitors! Visitors!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Our last great adventure...for the week at least!

What a week already! I am really exhausted, and I know my babies are, too.

The weather here has been crazy - rain, rain, rain, sun! On my way to pick Major up from school it poured! I was hoping the remainder of the day would be nice and it did turn out that way! Yea! After coming home, changing clothes, & grabbing a few things (like a snack & the camera) we headed to get Ella Grace. To save time, I parked and picked her up as a walker. She had already received instructions to be the first person in the walker line and we were running to the car! ha! We did just that, besides me carrying her for a piece. Once in we were off like a race horse. We had places to be!

The three of us made it back to the airport by 3:32. Yes! We met a gentleman we had met earlier in the week with Jeremy & he called him for us. I checked-in at security and then we moved on in. We were waiting to see Air Force-1 land with President Obama! How cool is that?!

We waited. And waited. And waited. (Cause we were early.) First we waited inside.


Then we waited outside.
And we had a little fun while we waited, too!

And then here he came!

Air Force-1 landed with ease. We watched as the plane maneuvered around the tarmac.
Hey! Who put those there?! ha! ha!



The stairs were pulled up, the media moved in and...

Out came the President! Hello, Mr. President!

He basically ran down the stairs. Shook a few hands right off the stairs and headed in our direction. By "our" I mean the spectators, not like just me and the kids.

"The" wave.





Right here (the picture above) he was shaking Ella Grace's hand. He commented to her "I see that flag you brought with you. Thank you for bringing it!" yea!

And here he was shaking Major's hand!
And here!
Moving on, now...

Adios!
See the flags on the front? Mr. President is inside this one! (Really this time)

And the motorcade takes off!
The three Amigos in front of Air Force - 1.

Now how about that for some Tuesday afternoon fun?

Awesomesauce!

2 comments:

Jim Rice said...

Wow impressive!! How many times in life do you get to meet the President of the United States?!? Hope you all are doing great. Hi to "J". I know they miss him at work here. God bless!!! Lindsey, thanks for the comments. We are so blessed that God allowed us to be here for his birth.

Aishlea said...

That is beyond cool. :) You have to be the coolest mom I know!!!