On Kelly's Korner - Show Us Your Life, this week is Favorite Charities.
My favorite charity would probably have to be that of the Alzheimer's Association. My paternal grandfather, and Jeremy's paternal grandfather, both passed away after being diagnosed (years earlier) with Alzheimer's.
I remember as a little girl waiting for my grandfather to pick me up from school. When he finally got to me I knew he was upset, and found out later he had been to my house to pick me up instead. It is so hard to watch someone go through this form of dementia. It is a progressive disease, and the seventh-leading cause of death in the U.S.
My sisters and I usually give our parents a gift of a donation for Christmas. One year we chose the Alzheimer's Association in memory of our grandfather, Pop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment