Lately, my little boy has been in to catching frogs. One night he caught one while we were talking to our neighbor in her drive way. When he decided to chase me with it, Momma ran home. Yuck!
Just this week he caught another frog and I even got his sister to pose in a picture with him!

This morning, Jeremy did some manual labor outside while I ran an errand. When I came home we worked on planting some flowers in a couple of pots I have. I was pulling the hose off the hanger and a darn lizard jumped off the hose! Scared me to death! This set Major off to hunting for it in the grass. He finally found it and got a hold of it by the tail - and it broke off! What? Creepy! This didn't stop Major, though. He kept looking, so patiently. Of course, he came up with it and I said "Ooh, go show that to your daddy and Ella Grace." (Or I should have just said "Get that thing away from me!") He took it over and was showing off this prize, and the lizard bit my sweet Major! This just broke his heart.
He cried, and cried, went inside to wash his hands and came back out STILL crying! The bite actually drew blood, from a lizard. And I didn't know that lizards had "break-away" tails. Anyone else really know that?


No comments:
Post a Comment