Visitors! Visitors!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

to take a job or not?

I have had the worst luck in finding a job. No, I believe it has just been a God-thing. When we knew we were moving I started looking and applying for jobs soon thereafter. And honestly, it has been a tough job market to compete in. But, also, it has even me the best opportunity ever - I have been able to stay at home with my babies since our move.

Yes, I have stressed over not having a job (because it is what I have always done). And I have enjoyed not having a job. I cannot imagine, right now, someone else taking my children to school or picking them up. I love being available to make those appointments (doctor, hair, etc) and not have to take off work and work around career obligations. I enjoy bringing them home and having them a snack, completing Ella Grace's home work early and not having to be so rushed.

I have only had three interviews so far, one phone interview and two in-person. My last interview I prayed it would be obvious - obvious it was a NO and obvious if it was supposed to be YES. After they said working weekends and a couple of evenings I was sure it was a NO. The interview was on a Tuesday (about 2 weeks ago) and they were planning to make a decision by the end of the week. I walked out of that interview laughing to myself. I recall even saying "ha! That was obvious!". I was offered the position last Monday or Tuesday. (jokes on me, right?) That was probably the first time I interviewed for a position/job change and declined the offer. And you know what? I was so at ease about it. Yes, I called my husband and talked it over with him first. But, wow, what a great feeling!

Then, today I received another call for another interview. I have the same prayer. If it is God's will everything would work out simply, to get the position or not, and it would be obvious once again. That I would have flexible hours, the ability to take care of drop-off and pick-up or doors will open where my family has needs.

But, I am loving being with my family. I love having supper ready when Jeremy gets home for work, trying to maintain some grasp on laundry and ironing and cleaning and grocery shopping! ha! Who knew I would EVER have this opportunity!?

Thank you, God, for those blessings in disguise!

No comments: