I have made a commitment to not hide much from my kids. There are lots of "why" questions and I try to answer them truthfully and with little fluff. How would I have smart kids if I just told them pieces of the truth and never got back to answering all those questions when I felt they were old enough for all the details.
For example, a few months back they saw a picture of my late grandfather at my grandmother's house and began to ask where he was. Well, I told them. He passed away, sometimes our bodies are sick and they are tired and Jesus helps us feel better by passing away; we have talked about coffins (boxes), cemeteries, etc. I feel this makes this smarter and, hopefully, have a better understanding of life and its processes.
The other night we were heading home and a police officer had someone pulled over, then back-up arrived. They were patting the guy down and getting ready to cuff him. They asked why...well, he could have done something bad. So, I brought up stealing as an example. I explained that stealing was like if he went to a store and took something that didn't belong to him and he didn't pay for.
Major obviously thought that was a great example and ran with it. Not exactly in Major's words, but he thought the guy probably went to the store and looked around, and then he looked and found the silly string and he took it and stole it.
Silly string.
Of all the items someone would steal, I don't think silly string would be on their list. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment