Visitors! Visitors!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Give me a break...

I've decided my theme for the week is going to be "Give me a break." You know you have all heard it from the Kit-Kat commercials (which I could use right now).

Give me a break, give me a break;
Break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat bar!

So, it all started with Major injury on Sunday. That made for a really tired Monday morning, and a slow start. Tuesday evening I had to work late.

Then today. Oh, today! It started with me getting out of bed at 7:00 am. I usually leave the house no later than 7:15. Quick shower, well, quick everything and I was to work by about 10-15 after.

We had church this evening, everything was running smoothly. Or so I thought! My friend Jamie came over to bring a few things. The neighborhood is having a yard sale on Saturday, so I thought I'd sit a few things out. Of course, we were standing around talking, and I kept hearing stuff. I thought it was my kids calling for me. I walked over to the door and there were no little heads. Then, we heard it again. I peeked around the corner and there was nothing. Finally, I think it hit us both. It was a cat in the garage-access attic! Agh! But, what do I do? There's a nice guy across the street and he was the lucky one for the knock on the door at 9:30...

Knock, know.
"Who is it?"
("Um, crazy girl across the street?") "It's Lindsey, from across the street."
"Hey?!"
"I think there's a cat in the attic."
"A cat?" (insert crazy look) "Give me a sec."

Nick looks around and finally hears the sound, too. I backed the car out and he lets down the ladder. Here comes kitty. Luckily I stayed in the car - I am so jumpy! (I'm trying to avoid saying I'm a scarredy cat...ha.) The cat was real strange. It didn't immediately jump out and away, it sort of lingered. Finally, it left, but then came back. Nick went home, then came back with his wife and little boy Luke. They thought, what if it had kittens up there! Ugh, gross! So, he went back up and luckily saw nothing.

So, I have two days left in this work week. What other adventures will come my way?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh girl, what a week so far! I hate waking up so late and rushing and then feeling just thrown off for the rest of my day! No fun!! That is so weird about the cat in the attic! Crazy!! Praying these last 2 days of your week are great ones, and stress and crazy free!!