Visitors! Visitors!

Monday, December 21, 2009

Big words for a little girl

Jeremy and I have always talked to our children like big kids. We have never made funny names for things, attempted to always talk properly and use our manners, too. So, read about my latest dialogue with Ella Grace:

Last night I took Ella Grace to church with me while I participated in our Christmas Dinner Theatre. She was so good and I think she had a good time. Someone gave her a couple of those Silly Bandz, which she loved...I'm up in the air about them.

Anyway, on the way home she said "Momma, I'm hungry." I reminded her she had eaten a whole sandwich before church and asked if she had a snack while there. "Yes, I had two snacks, but they didn't give me much." (She had cheese puffs and some cookies.) I told her she shouldn't be hungry after all that!

Next she said "Momma, I'm thirsty." Then, I asked if they had not given her a drink with her snack.

"Yes, I had a drink. But, I threw my cup away when I realized I wasn't thirsty." Smart girl, I'd say!