Visitors! Visitors!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Home, Sweet Home

Jeremy and I took a trip to Pigeon Forge Thursday through Sunday. We had a great time relaxing, shopping, watching football, just spending some much needed time to ourselves.
While we were waiting to eat out one night we were sitting outside and two other couples (one group) sat near us. One couple, new grandparents, were talking about keeping their new grand-daughter. The grandmother (another Nana like my mom) sat the little girl up in pumpkin posing for a picture. She went on about the pictures she took, then said she propped the baby in the flower bed around some mums and pumpkins and she slowly stepped away to get a shot and flop, the sweet baby fell face down in the mulch - mulch was stuck to her, an ant was on her lip. Then she began saying how her daughter called, wanted the little girl to wear the outfit to church that night (it was a fall outfit). Nana said "It's dirty." So, how is an infant getting an outfit dirty?? "She was playing outside." ha! Jeremy and I just laughed. One, it made us wonder what was going on back at our Nana's house, and two, we know our kids would blab in a heartbeat! No keeping secrets now!!
So, we did get some Christmas shopping done, some things we just needed or wanted for now (like I got a new pair of work shoes and a sifter! what a combo!). It was fun just getting out and looking around.
But, the best part of today was getting Major up after his nap. I went upstairs and listened from the room next door to see if he was stirring. When I heard him, I went to the door to the room (my old room) and opened it up. He was still laying down, but had his eyes wide open. He looked at me and said "Mom! Hey, Mom! Hey, Mom!...Where's Dad?" I don't know where all of his "y's" have gone - I'm not Mommy anymore! It is so cute, he talks like he is like 17 years old sometimes.
What a welcome home! I missed those babies!

No comments: