Visitors! Visitors!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

summer hair cut for a blue-eyed boy & a par-tay


 Last Saturday (6/16), Ella Grace went to a friend's birthday party. It was a "kid-thing", so I was able to come back home and lay down - I had a terrible headache.

 (Riley, Megan - birthday girl, Masyn, and Ella Grace)

 Major had been saying for a few days he wanted his head shaved. I kept putting it off, 'cause the last time he wanted to put it back on!


circa December 2009





Since he was persistent, and Dad was home, I got the clippers out and to the backyard we went (well, I went to get the camera!).



The cutting began...

 and kept going....
 and going...
 Boy was due a haircut anyway. There was A LOT of hair!
 He seemed happy and excited when the cutting was finished.
 Dad had to give him a good blow-off with the air compressor, just like at the barber shop!
A good look-over,

Then, after looking at himself in the mirror - it was a failure to Major. He was so upset and didn't like it.

But, we reassured him it was a cool 'do and the coolest haircut any four-year old had, and after a few hours he was good with it. I am glad he is willing to try new things, but we are still working on his confidence that he can make good decisions!

We may go with a guard next time!

No comments: