Visitors! Visitors!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Our Thanksgiving celebration

Aunt Lo-Lo drove in Thursday night and we planned to do a little Black Friday shopping. Ella Grace said she wanted to go with us (year 3, I believe). She went to bed earlier and we woke her up about 10:30pm to get going. We did a little shopping at Wal-Mart and Target in the Gardendale/Fultondale area then headed to the Galleria. To me, it just wasn't the same - I enjoy being in the crowds and the festive atmosphere that the day/early morning holds. But, shopping some Thursday night just didn't feel the same.

We got home around 6:15 and Lori and I went straight to bed. Ella Grace, though, thought she could stay up. When I got up & showered, Jeremy and I went into "town" and I got a sewing machine! So excited!

MeeMaw, Aunt Glenda and Aunt Sherry (my dad's side) came up and visited with us. Granny rode up with them, too. It was SO nice to see them all.

After MeeMaw, Sherry & Glenda headed back home, Gran headed straight for the tunnel!




That's one spunky lady, right here!

And it wasn't long before Ella Grace got in trouble - right before we ate. I put her in timeout and it wasn't long before she found our elf (Chuluota Toot-toot) hiding in the tree next to her rocking chair. Not too much time passed before this what I went back to see.
One exhausted five year old. She really didn't budge the rest of the night except for forcing her to eat a little food (which she didn't remember the next day) and getting her to bed.

Here, Major was so excited to see our elf!
We relaxed and just enjoyed each other's company for the rest of the day!

No comments: