The weekend before Christmas Major caught a virus. I ended up sleeping with him Saturday night and going through multiple changes of bedding, washing sheets, sleeping on the couch, then back to his bed. He seemed so much better on Sunday and just fine Monday. However, I woke in the middle of the night feeling nauseous myself. I went to work Tuesday, then took myself to the Faculty/Staff Clinic. VIRUS! Yuck! I went home, took my phenagren and slept all afternoon. Luckily, Jeremy called at 4:30 pm and woke me up to go get the kids from school. Wednesday I felt much better and off to Jeremy's parents after work to begin our Christmas celebration.
That night, Jeremy began feeling the effects of the virus...
Christmas Eve morning we spent with at Great-Grandmother's for breakfast.



So thankful they love each other!

Ella Grace and Major with their cousin Hunter.

Granddaddy, Lindsey, Hunter and Ella Grace

Yep, already had chocolate this morning!

Practicing on our new keyboard
After naps, back in the car we went. We left a little later than expected. Ella Grace said her tummy hurt soon after we left Grandmother and Granddaddy's, so we stopped at Nana and Pop's for a potty break. Then back in the car. About 30 minutes in to the trip, Ella Grace got sick in the car. We were semi-prepared, and had a bag handy. We stopped at a store, changed her clothes and bought some Gatorade to help her.
When we got home, Santa's elves had a made a visit to our house. And just like in years past left Ella Grace and Major a new pair of pajamas to wear that night.
Ella Grace took some medicine and off to bed they went. I made some homemade chocolate chip cookies for Santa.

What is this?

Excited!

Handsome little man!

So proud of our new pajamas!
When Ella Grace and Major finally woke up they didn't think Santa had come. We walked through the kitchen and Daddy spotted the remains of a cookie! Ella Grace and Major were so excited. Major decided he would help the big guy out and eat the remainder, while Ella Grace moved on.
Here are some pictures from the morning:

Can I eat this cookie?
(I suppose he remembered what his shirt said!)

Movies!

Modeling a new necklace.


Not even four yet, and a hair dryer was on her Christmas wish list!

Yea! A princess dress!

Yea! A doctor's kit!

Major loves a Magna-doodle.

Everyone needs to have their heart listened to Christmas morning.

Even though we don't watch Thomas at home, Major has gotten in to trains.

Jeremy: "Well, this looks like work."
Ella Grace: "Ewww!"

Just kidding! I like it!

Ella Grace and Major monkeying around with Major's froggie.

Jeremy cooked a wonderful breakfast for us Christmas morning!
1 comment:
Love the pics!!!
And LOVE LOVE LOVE Ella Grace getting a hot pink hair dryer! :)
Post a Comment