I am definitely later than I would like to be in getting these pictures posted of Major's second birthday. Lori came down on Thursday (August 27) evening to help me prepare for the party. Jeremy & I had both taken off on Friday to spend some time with our favorite little man. We all ended up taking a trip to the zoo for the day. We went early, it was overcast and probably one of the best trips we had taken, simply because there were not very many people there. Major got a haircut on the way home, we picked up a pizza and some cupcakes and then had a little party Friday night.

We celebrated Friday night with Alabama "Big Al" cupcakes.
After we got the kids in bed, Jeremy watched some football and Lori and I got to work on the cupcakes (pictures are below).

Saturday morning I cut the tomato and washed lettuce for the hamburgers Jeremy was grilling for lunch before the party. Major wanted a little snack and asked for a tomato. He sat on this cooler and ate,

and ate tomatoes. I think he had like three slices before it was over!

What? The box wasn't the gift??


Ella Grace assisting with gift-opening.

My sister Lori and I made these monkey cupcakes for the party. It was a lot of work (as in steps), but they were pretty simple to make overall. We were really pleased with how they turned out!

Close-up of one of the monkey cupcakes Lori & I made.

Major was excited to have everyone sing Happy Birthday to him.

Major trying to blow-out his birthday candles.

The monkey face was his favorite part. He didn't eat much of the cupcake.

Ella Grace & Major looking at a placemat of Elmo and Big Bird.

Ella Grace teaching Buzz Lightyear about colors.

Here's Ella Grace posing with some play glasses.
No comments:
Post a Comment