Visitors! Visitors!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Safely back at home


Jeremy & I had a great trip to ATL, but were so glad to get back home and back with our babies! We got to our hotel just fine on Friday and started making our way the 25 miles to the wedding. It took us over an hour to get almost there. We had to stop and eat something before we could continue on our way. The wedding was beautiful and simple. Donna & Brad are so cute together and the girls were just precious. We were able to stay and visit before heading back to the hotel close to midnight.
Saturday morning Jeremy worked out while I finished up some assignments for one of my summer classes, then we went shopping (I know, I know. Hard to believe!). We ate some awesome Greek food for lunch and had to continue shopping to burn some cash...I mean calories. We returned to the hotel to rest after a long day, but soon headed back out for more FOOD. We had heard about a local restaurant famous for their chocolate pie, so off we went! We found it, AND a full stomach. Jeremy & I shared a plate full of fried chicken, some cheese grits and green beans. And the (dark) chocolate pie was huge!
Jeremy & I intended to sleep in some Sunday morning before heading back to pick up the babies and get home. However, our sleep was interrupted early Sunday morning when we heard splashing water. Jeremy jumped up and ran to the bathroom where he found water falling from the light fixture! He called the front desk, we packed up most of our things, took them to the car and got ready in a second room.
It was so good to see Ella Grace and Major, and I think they were pretty excited to see us, too. We were even home and unpacked in time to make it to church for Puggles!
The ceremony at St. Peter Chanel


Donna & Brad

Carolyn, Donna & Lindsey

No comments: